Date: 3/12/17 6:01 pm
From: Ellen Fuller <cfuller989...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Smith's Longspur
Today in the Cone Marsh area just N. of G28 along the Louisa/Muscatine rd.
I had a single (basic plumage) Smith's Longspur. It gave me close and a
good look. It was with a pair of Horned Larks in the middle of the road.
This seems early for a Smith's. On the south side of the South rd. at Cone
Marsh itself two Lesser Yellowlegs and one Greater and several Pectoral
Sandpipers along with many Wilson's Snipe. Two Sandhill Cranes were seen
from the west side.
On Saturday in Lee county, I was taking the Iowa City group out and at
least two of us saw a Spotted Towhee (near Ft. Madison).
Chuck fuller
Burlington