Date: 3/12/17 5:26 pm
From: Rudolph Keller <rckeller...>
Subject: Lake Ontelaunee (IBA), Berks, Mar 12, 2017
I haven't seen the Eurasian Wigeon in a few days, but it may still be
around. There are hundreds of wigeon scattered around the shallow backwaters
of the lake. They continue to swarm Ring-necked Ducks whenever they appear,
mugging (OK - kleptoparasitizing) them by stealing whatever plants they
bring up from their dives. I've often watched wigeon doing this to Am.
Coots, but this year the latter are in short supply at LO, at least to date.
I've heard several reports of Fox Sparrows at feeders since the cold and
snow appeared, and there were 4 at my feeder today.

Rudy Keller
Boyertown, PA
Berks County

Join us on Facebook!