Date: 3/11/17 11:23 am
From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel...>
Subject: [wisb] White-winged Scoter still on Lake Monona (Madison)
Pat Ready called this morning to let me know that the White-winged Scoter was still visible off Olbrich Park on Lake Monona, so I stopped on my way to the store. Looking from the beach house parking area off Atwood Ave./Walter St., the scoter was a couple hundred yards out, looking towards the capitol. Shimmer and glare might be an issue in the afternoon from there. There were Common Goldeneye, Redheads and scaup spp. out in the vicinity, but when I saw it, it was associating with a female Bufflehead.

Peter Fissel

Madison, Dane Co.