Date: 3/11/17 7:06 am
From: Eric Arnold <eba...>
Subject: Re: [birders] trip to FLA
My thoughts on this are that possibly a dose of a OTC cough medicine
containing an expectorant might be worth a try, thinking that the effects
of the expectorant on the fluids that need to flow between the ear canal
and the nose might flow more freely and not allow a large pressure
difference to build up.

Some of these medicines are mostly if not entirely expectorant-based, but I
don't have a specific name for a brand or a particular ingredient. You
might ask a pharmacist if that might help, and possibly get a
recommendation. My experience with very occasional use of such products is
that they do help deal with the "stuffed-up ear" feeling.

I'd be interested in hearing about your experience if you give ita try.

Eric Arnold