Date: 3/10/17 12:11 pm
From: David Simpson <simpsondavid...>
Subject: Re: [BRDBRAIN] More Parakeet/Parrot ID in South Miami.
Alice,

This looks like a Chestnut-fronted Macaw. This is one of the smallest and most prolific species of macaws in south Florida. They are found in small numbers in both Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.

David Simpson
Fellsmere, FL

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 14:41, Alice Horst <ahorst...> wrote:
>
> I went to Miller Roost (Brewer Park) this morning and enjoyed watching dozens of Masked Parakeets in the Australian Pine trees across the canal from the park.
> Then I saw a different Parrot/Parakeet/Macaw? in a tree. I have looked at species of Macaws and Parakeets and am unable to ID this one. There were 4 that flew off together.
> Very difficult to photograph, large bird. long tail, had white face, blue on wing.
> Here are some pix:
> Thank you,
> Alice Horst, Marion County, Fl
> <ahorst...>
>
> <DSCN4180 (1).jpeg><DSCN4178.jpeg>
>
> <DSCN4177.jpeg>
> To subscribe, unsubscribe or view archives of the brdbrain listserv list, please visit us on the web at: http://listserv.usf.edu/archives/brdbrain.html To set to no mail send a message: SET BRDBRAIN NOMAIL to <LISTSERV...> To reinstate mail service after NOMAIL send a message: SET BRDBRAIN MAIL to <LISTSERV...> Report any problems to the listserv administrator: <listadmin...> ____________________________________________________________________________

please visit us on the web at:
<LISTSERV...>
<LISTSERV...>