Date: 3/10/17 8:50 am
From: Peggy Wang <nharrierpw...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Crested Caracara Tucson??
Yesterday around 5pm, I was driving N on Swan & turning West onto Ft Lowell when a pale brownish raptor flew low near the intersection in a SE direction.

Initially, I figured it was a just a juvenile Red-tailed but then I saw the extended head/large bill & striking wing pattern. Also its flight was "floppy". All of that made me realize it was not a RT at all. I was thinking juvenile Crested Caracara.

The light turned so I had to move so I didn't get a great look but I thought I would mention it.

Peggy Wang
Tucson

Sent from my iPhone