Date: 3/10/17 7:22 am
From: Jerry Schoen <basketsandbirds...>
Subject: [wisb] False security
I sparrows are hiding in a globe arborvitae do they feel safe. Yesterday afternoon a female sharpie was sitting on a feeder surveying the shrubs in front of the windows of our sunroom. It dropped down in front of one of the shrubs and eventually entered the bush while on the ground. A sparrow exploded out of the top and the sharpie came out the other side with a female sparrow in its grip.. After re-gripping several time it began removing feathers.. Question- did the bird feel safe hiding in the shrub and not flee like the second one ?
All of this took place about six feet from where I was standing.
Jerry Schoen
Whitewater