Date: 3/9/17 2:51 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Silver Sands construction public hearing
The note below was posted today on a CT birding Facebook page. I would comment about the construction projects and its impact on the environment and birding there.
Best wishes, Arthur Shippee, Hamden.

RE SILVER SANDS STATE PARK.
Dear Neighbors,

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that Senate Bill #605, An Act Requiring Local Approvals of Certain Construction Projects at Silver Sands State Park, will have a public hearing in the Environment Committee next Monday, March 13th at 10:30am in room 2B. Sign-up for the hearing that will take place at 8:30 AM in the First Floor Atrium of the Legislative Office Building in Hartford.

Written testimony must be e-mailed to the <ENVtestimony...> <mailto:<ENVtestimony...> by 3pm Friday March, 10th. I would appreciate if you please cc me on any testimony you decide to submit at <Kim.Rose...> <mailto:<Kim.Rose...>.

This legislation I co-introduced would establish a moratorium on the $10 million construction project at Silver Sands State Park in Milford at least until it receives local approval. I deeply feel this legislation is needed to stop this project as there is a lot of opposition from local residents.

Many of us feel it does not make sense to spend such a large amount of money on this project when there is the potential for millions to be cut from our schools and our city under the Governor’s proposed budget. Funding would be much better spent protecting the park’s natural environment, not on a project that will have a negative impact on the view, traffic, parking and public safety in the neighborhood near Silver Sands.

I hope you find this information helpful and please don’t hesitate to let me know if my office can help you with submitting written testimony or testifying in person.

Please feel free to contact me at the Capitol at 1-800-842-8267 or by email at <Kim.Rose...> <mailto:<Kim.Rose...> - also please like my Official Facebook Page for news and legislative updates.
Sincerely,
Kim Rose