Date: 3/9/17 1:49 pm
From: Jon Houghton <jon.houghton...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Glaucous Gull? - not this morning!
HI Tweets - quick update on the GLGU found yesterday by Phil Dickinson, and seen by several through the afternoon. Carol Riddell, Josh Adams, Frank Caruso, and I spent the better part of this morning at, and around the 10th Street Boat Launch (aka "Jetty Landing"). While we saw a great many gulls of several species (including Herring, California, Thayer's, Ring-billed, and Mew), there was no sign of the Glaucous, despite Carol's valiant efforts to attract gulls with a significant investment in popcorn. We left the location under the watch of other good birders around noon, so...stay tuned. Happy Gulling!! - Jon Houghton, Edmonds