Date: 3/9/17 11:06 am
From: Ed Rizer <eddierizer...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Grasshopper Sparrow @ Circle B Bar Reserve
Hello Birders.
Out to Circle B Bar Reserve Southeast of Lakeland from 7 till 10
Best Birds: 2 or 3 GRASSHOPPER SPARROWS, several VESPER SPARROWS, 1 GREAT
HORNED OWL seldom seen at CBBR, 2 BARRED OWLS, 1 SORA, 1 NORTHERN SHOVELER.
Also Sandhill Cranes, Wood Storks, Bald Eagles, Blue-winged Teal,
Black-bellied Whistling Ducks, Wood Ducks, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs,
Wilson Snipe.
I found the Grasshopper Sparrows at the Eastern end of Eagle's Ridge
in between the trail and the tree line to the north, in the area around the
immature Sand Pines, look for them around the patches of Dog Fennel
associating with Vesper and Savannah Sparrows
Also on the 7th I saw 4 Osceola Turkey in the meadow adjacent to the
Southern Border of the reserve. A Boss Tom was strutting for 2 hens and
then got in a fight with another Tom, they were jumping high in the air and
spurring each other.
Also at South Lake Howard Nature Park in Winter Haven the Wood Ducks
are pairing up and claiming nest boxes and at the rookery on the lake
across the street the waders are starting to build nest. Good Birding and
God Bless.

Ed Rizer
Winter Haven, Fl.

please visit us on the web at: