Date: 3/8/17 10:10 pm
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 3/08/17
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace to the Pittock Mansion for the week 3/2 to 3/8/17. Species neither seen nor heard the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk, including an archive of weekly summaries and a checklist, may be found at http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

I did the walk 4 days this week.

Species # days found (peak #, date)

TURKEY VULTURE 1 (1, 3/3)
SHARP-SHINNED HAWK 1 (1, 3/3)
Anna’s Hummingbird 1 (1, 3/5)
Red-breasted Sapsucker 1 (1, 3/6)
Northern Flicker 1 (2, 3/5)
Pileated Woodpecker 1 (1, 3/5)
Hutton’s Vireo 1 (1, 3/3)
Steller's Jay 3 (2)
American Crow 4 (8)
Black-capped Chickadee 4 (10)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 4 (13, 3/3)
Red-breasted Nuthatch 3 (3)
Brown Creeper 1 (1, 3/3)
Bewick’s Wren 1 (1, 3/5)
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1 (3, 3/3)
HERMIT THRUSH 1 (1, 3/3)
American Robin 4 (21, 3/3)
Varied Thrush 3 (7, 3/7)
European Starling 1 (6, 3/3)
Dark-eyed Junco 4 (16)
Song Sparrow 4 (10)
Spotted Towhee 4 (6)

Misses (birds found at least 3 days during previous 2 weeks but not found this week): Downy Woodpecker, Pacific Wren, Fox Sparrow

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!