Date: 3/8/17 2:00 pm
From: Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Snowy Egret Clackamas County
I drove by this spot yesterday. There was a lone Egret in the field across from the golf course. It looked like a Great Egret to me. It appeared too large for a Snowy. It had a rather conspicuous long-neck and no obvious crest. This was about 5:00 pm, the road was quite busy with homebound traffic making it challenging to pull off for a better look so I can’t speak for the bill or foot color. Hopefully Bill will relocate it for a more definitive look.

Cheers,
Aaron B

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Bill and Nicki <billandnicki...> wrote:
>
> I'm going to look right now.
> Bill
> Beavercreek
>
> Sent from Bill
>
>> On Mar 8, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Charles Gates <cgates326...> wrote:
>>
>> Looking through the eBird alerts today, I saw the following report for Clackamas County:
>>
>> Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) (1)
>> - Reported Mar 07, 2017 12:00 by Janet Wolfhagen
>> - field near Stone Creek GC, Clackamas, Oregon
>> - Map:http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.2984485,-122.559936&ll=45.2984485,-122.559936
>> - Checklist:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35032586
>> - Comments: "Standing in a grass field. Pure white with dark beak, arched neck. Too small to be a heron."
>>
>> I don't see any other Clackamas records and the bird is not listed on the ECAS Full Checklist for Clackamas. Did anyone else happen to check out this bird? Anyone have historical records of Snowy Egret in Clackamas? There are a few records for the surrounding counties.
>>

>> --
>> It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
>> Mark Twain
>>
>> Chuck Gates
>> 541-280-4957
>> Powell Butte,