Date: 3/7/17 10:59 pm
From: Thomas Heinrich <teheinrich...>
Subject: [cobirds] American Three-toed WP, Heil Ranch, Boulder Cty, 3/7
This afternoon I headed up to Heil Ranch to search for the Williamson's Sapsucker reported by Kathy Mihm Dunning a few days ago. About 200-300 yards prior to the stone cabin ruins located just shy of the 2 mile marker on the Wapiti Trail, I found a large mixed flock of 3 Downy WP, 3 or 4 Hairy WP, 20+ Pygmy Nuthatches, a few White-breasted, a couple of BC Chickadees, and one Am Three-toed WP. The Am Three-toed was in a tree about 50 yards west/nw of the trail. It spent most of an hour in one tree. I wasn't able to find the Williamson's sapsucker. A huge thanks to Kathy for her detailed and very quick reply to my email earlier today.

Good birding,

Thomas Heinrich
Boulder, CO
<Nyctea...>