Date: 3/7/17 1:06 pm
From: J Christian Kessler <1northraven...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Some binocular recommendations?
I bird with ancient Swarovskis, but I recently bought a friend his first
pair of bins after researching reviews, bought the Vortex Diamondback 8x42s
- waterproof, shock-resistant, & I was really impressed with the optical
quality, all for about $220. think they also come in 10x42. depending on
your budget and optical expectations, these are really good, & just
re-engineered last year from the older version of the same model. the
review cited as best in class.

Chris Kessler

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Dusty Bleher <TweeterReader...>
wrote:

> G'day all! Along with my search for a new camera (Nikon P900 so far), I
> just decided to upgrade my binoculars as well. I've had these since my
> kids were little, so I've not kept up on the trends in viewing these last
> 30-40 years. Anybody got any recommendations? Things to look for? Things
> to avoid? My current ones are a Swift model 828, 10X42. One of the
> reasons I got them was they were waterproof (always good with me holding
> them 😊!), and very close focus. I'm sure the technology has changed over
> the years, so any recommendations would be MOST appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Dusty
> Currently parked off of a dirt road, on a hill, in the forest north of
> Lake Stevens.

"moderation in everything, including moderation"
Rustin Thompson