Date: 3/7/17 5:03 am
From: <pcollins...> <pcollins...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Tubac Hawk Watch 03/06/17
Ron Morriss Park, Tubac, AZ, March 6, 2017
8:00am - 3:00pm

The seesawing battle between solid cloud cover days and solid blue sky days was won by the blue team today. The Blacks Hawks prefer the blue team so far.
The first Black Hawk was sighted at 10:15 in the northeast corner of the park coming in from behind us. Fortunately for the count several hawks north of our site briefly flew south far enough to be detected and tallied. We had 7 of our 8 Black Hawks for the day in the 10:00 hour.
Two local Cooper’s hawk crossed the park at waist level early on. A number of dark Red-tails showed off. Black Vultures feigned migration giving good looks nonetheless. Local Kestrels and Sharp-shinned Hawks checked in .

Migrating Raptors:
Common Black Hawk 8
Red-tailed Hawk 7
Harris Hawk 1