Date: 3/6/17 8:03 pm
From: Leon Bright <urraca2...>
Subject: [cobirds] No American Goldfinch in photo
Cobirders-- Thanks to Chuck Hundermark and David Thonnessen I must correct
my I.D. of American Goldfinch in my previous post this afternoon. The lower
bird in my photos is obviously a female LEGO. Even in my haste to post the
link to my images I should have noticed not only coloring was brighter than
an American Goldfinch at this time and the last photo shows the strikingly
similar wing primaries in the two birds. Well, I did it again, didn't I? I
guess this is the real lesson for the beginning birders I was hoping to
elucidate. I have now made the correction on Flickr.

Leon Bright, Pueblo