Date: 3/6/17 12:34 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Strange looking hawk at PDX airport
*

When captured at the airport, Red-tails are outfitted with orange plastic wing markers to help track them after their release at some distant site. This bird apparently came back to the general area but has stayed out of the way of the Port of Portland.
With a scope you would probably see an alpha-numeric code on the "patagial marker". Lars
On Mar 6, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Bob Burley wrote:

> For the last year or more i've seen off and on this hawk on the power lines or fences at the West end of airport.The hawk looks like a redtail with bright rust orange patch on each wing. Seen as it's perched
> I have never looked at it thru binoculars it has always been as I have been driving by.
> Has anyone else seen or know of this bird.
> Bob

Join us on Facebook!