Date: 3/6/17 7:44 am
From: Linda Rudolph <lgrudolph...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Common Loon?
Hi Mike. I don't remember anyone reporting a Common Loon yet this year.

There are several ways to look up this type of information that I can think of.

Probably the one I would do first is a search on eBird to see if any Common Loons had been reported in Iowa this year. I can see that none have been. You can search for any species, location and date that you want. Here is a link to the start of this type of search. http://ebird.org/ebird/explore

Also, the IOU website has some wonderful data bases. Here is a link to the page. You can create your own dataset. http://iowabirds.org/Birds/DataSets.aspx

Finally, Rick Hollis created a small booklet: A Field Checklist of The Birds of Iowa. This has the expected distribution of bird species in Iowa. Here is a link to the page for you to purchase one for your reference. http://iowabirds.org/IOU/Merchandise.aspx

I hope this answers your question.

Linda Rudolph
Coralville