Date: 3/5/17 4:09 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Red-shouldered Hawk Marquette Co. 3/5/17, some images...
Hi all,
While driving on a back road in Marquette County with my son this morning
we spotted a stunning Red-shouldered Hawk sitting on a branch in a wooded
parcel about 50 feet off the road. I pulled over and took a couple shots.
After about 30 seconds it flew about 50 feet down the road but remained in
the woods. The colors on this bird when the wings went up and it flew were
incredible! It landed in a heavily branched tree and we left the area. By
far the closest I have ever been to this species, my lucky day!
A couple of images of this bird at this link if you care to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/red-shouldered-hawk-marquette-county-wisconsin-march-5-2017/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/red-shouldered-hawk-marquette-county-wisconsin-march-5-2017/>*

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber