Date: 3/4/17 4:35 pm
From: Tom Dougherty <tom.dougherty.sr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] American White Pelicans at Saylorville
Parked below the Saylorville dam, I noticed a group of 17 American White
Pelicans in formation flying towards the dam. A few minutes later I talked
to another birder and he said he saw about 50 flying much higher in
addition to the group I saw (he saw them, too). I headed to Jester Park
figuring they may be roosting in their usual spots and found about 45 in
the middle off the lake just opposite Campground #3. I posted on EBird
which called it 'rare' for this time of year so I included a picture (take
through my scope so not great but the best I could do at the moment).