Date: 3/4/17 12:38 pm
From: Daniel Neiman <daniel.neiman...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Great Gray Owl in Newport, NH
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I went up yesterday (because today’s forecast was for 19 degrees and windy!) and joined the crowd of maybe 30 people forming a respectful semi-circle around the owl as it perched on a branch at the edge of the field. Apparently it had been there most of the day, although I got there just before 3:00. The owl finally flew maybe around 4:30 or 5:00, by which time it had clouded up. The owl flew from tree to tree along the edge of the field (in snow squalls) and at one pointed kited above the field looking for a mouse.

Very cool to see it in action.

Thanks again,

Dan N.