Date: 3/4/17 12:30 pm
From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr777...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: do not plant this shrub - poisonous to birds!
William,
Note that this shrub is only hardy to USDA hardiness zone 6, which means
that it would not survive the winter in any area of Wisconsin (USDA Growing
Zones in Wisconsin are 3, 4 and 5)---but would an issue in other states. I
have never seen it for sale in any local Wisconsin nursery.

This is very good news. Thank you for alerting us.

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, WI, Dane County

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 1:06 PM, William Mueller <wpmueller1947...>
wrote:

> Thanks to Joel Trick for alerting me to this:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3005831/
>
> http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/
> PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=c772
>

> William Mueller
> Director, Western Great Lakes Bird and Bat Observatory
> WGLBBO online: wglbbo.org
> <wpmueller1947...>
> office 262-285-3374
> cell 414-698-9108
> blog: futureofbirds.blogspot.com
> Port Washington, WI

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin, Dane County
Zone 4/5
e-mail: <kathijr...>
website: www.hummingbirdgardening.net
telephone: (608) 233-7397

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)