Date: 3/4/17 12:29 pm
From: Christopher Ferro <lonelybirder43...>
Subject: Re: [BRDBRAIN] UPDATE? Sparrows, Pine Island Conservation Area / Brevard County
Thanks Vince (and everyone else who weighed in). Like some of you, I was
thrown by that lack of a rusty cap, but in fact, that's not unusual,
especially in young birds. Some other even more blurry photos I have show
the lack of wing bars, even though the red/rust on the wings is less than
one might expect. I think must have had a few young or really worn plumaged
birds in with the other "obvious" Swamp Sparrows.

It would have been nice to get a White-throated Sparrow (I don't have one
yet), oh well.

Christopher

Melbourne/Brevard County
lonelybirder.org