Date: 3/3/17 5:02 pm
From: Vince Capp <00000031300bf63b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [BRDBRAIN] Sparrow ID help
Alice-

This is a Melospiza, but it’s a Swamp- not a Lincoln’s. A adult winter Swampie will show a central smudge on the breast just as often as not. Given the view here, I think the key feature on this bird would be the blurry streaking on the breast and flanks. These would be much finer and crisper on a Lincoln’s. The rufous shoulders, primaries and lower flanks are the clinchers.

Best-

Vince Capp

Bayonet Point, FL