Date: 3/3/17 1:45 pm
From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel...>
Subject: [wisb] Bald Eagles at Okee Bay - Columbia County
I just had a report from Jim Otto that there were upwards of 200 Bald Eagles, mostly adults, at Okee Bay on Lake Wisconsin east of Merrimac at midday today. He said there were also a lot of gulls, mostly Herrings with a few Ring-billed, but he didn't scope them, so there could be something else in with them. Okee Bay is off Columbia County V where it crosses Hwy 113.

Speaking of Columbia County and multiple goose species... As I recall, and he can correct me if I get this wrong, but I believe it was Aaron Stutz who had the "goose slam" at Goose Pond one day back in the early 2000's: Canada, Greater White-fronted, Snow, Ross's, and a Brant! (This was before Cackling was split off as a separate species - may well have been one of those there, too.) Quite the feat.

Peter Fissel

Madison WI