Date: 3/3/17 1:15 pm
From: Peter McKeever <petermckeever...>
Subject: [wisb] Sandhills and cranes on the Platte
If you are not doing anything else this weekend, and can handle a 8-9 hour
road trip, this would be a great time to see the cranes and snow geese on
the Platte River and in the surrounding waterfowl production areas. I was
there (again) on Wednesday, there are thousands of sandhills and even more
snow geese, which were arriving in huge skeins as I watched. The area
immediately west and south of Grand Island was best; one of the best flocks
of snows was about 100 yards off the interstate right at Grand Island,
behind the truck stop.

BTW, it's not that far. I left there about noon, and would have been home by
8 had I not taken a couple of side trips en route.

Peter McKeever
Monona