Date: 3/2/17 8:26 am
From: birdrecords <birdrecords...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Stakeout Hot Spot for Red-headed Woodpecker in Epping
There is now a Hot Spot for the Red-headed Woodpecker in Epping. If you see the bird there please use the Hot Spot for your location. If you have already posted the sighting, it would be helpful if you merged your personal location with the new Hot Spot. Here are some handy instructions.

TO MERGE A LOCATION:
1. Click on "My EBird" at the top right of any page
2. Click on "Manage my locations" on the list on the right
3. Find the location that you want to merge
4. At the far right of the site entry, click "edit".
5. This should pull up a map with your location at the center and several round "radio buttons" above the map next to the words: Rename, Move, Merge.
6. Click the "Merge" button and pre-existing hot spots should appear on the map as red "pins" and your personal locations as blue "pins".
7. Click on the hot spot you wish to merge your location WITH (your location will be indicated by a green and red symbol). The name of the hot spot will appear at the top of the map indicating how many checklists you are merging with that spot.
8. We highly recommend that you check the box next to "delete after merging" - this will not delete your data or the merged location, it will simply delete that original location so you won't be tempted to use it again.
9. Click on the square box labeled "Merge"
10. eBird will ask if you are sure. Double check before you click "Yes" as this action can't be undone!

All your records for the old location will get relabeled in the database as the pre-existing hot spot. This is the location that will now appear in "my locations." You can always rename a hot spot within your "my locations" list, but that won't change the name in the eBird database. Thanks for considering merging your locations with existing hotspots! This helps make the data consistent among users and thus increases its value to conservation.

Thank you,
Becky Suomala