Date: 3/1/17 9:18 pm
From: H Blum <coolasakestrel1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Urban sidewalk surprise
  While I was walking down the sidewalk alongside St. Joseph Hospital in my neighborhood about 3 PM ,I was startled by an animal on the ground,.this was not a squirrel or rabbit,.but I was totally shocked to see an American Kestrel about 5 feet in front of me. . OMG!!!  The bird came from a couple small evergreen shrubs and took off with a huge prey item, which was the body of a Starling I believe.  Unbelievable!!! This was a male Kestrel with a huge wingspan that did not look very small when it's right in front of your face!
Howard Blum , Lakeview, Chicago

Posted by: H Blum <coolasakestrel1...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional