Date: 3/1/17 1:20 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Tundra Swans at Hawkeye Wildlife Area -Johnson Co.
Today I walked to Round Pond (the road being closed) and found it to be one of the better waterfowl spots at Hawkeye.
Surprising for me were 11 TUNDRA SWANS which seems like a good number for this area. Also present were 34 Trumpeter Swans,
many White-fronted Geese, and moderate numbers of diving and puddle ducks.

Earlier in the day a taiga Merlin was perched just east of Swan Lake and a Red-shouldered Hawk flew across Scales Bend Road
in the area of the 2150 to 2200 addresses. Waterfowl and gulls were unusually totally absent at Scales Pointe.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids