Date: 3/1/17 11:57 am
From: Leonard Sander <lsander...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Birding Hawaii
Check out Hawaii Forest and Trail. They can get you into places that are
normally closed to the public. Not cheap, but worth it.

The Pu'u o'o trail (from the saddle road) has nice endemic birds in the
kipukas (islands of forest in the lava flow). It's a beautiful walk.

IMHO the best snorkeling on the island is at a place called Two-Step on the
south Kona coast, near Puuhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park.

Len Sander
Emeritus Professor of Physics & Complex Systems
University of Michigan
www.umich.edu/~lsander