Date: 2/28/17 6:38 pm
From: Kenneth Kinman <kinman...>
Subject: Re: Big Brown Bat
Hi Paul,

Big brown bats are said to be the most likely of our bats to become active during winter thaws (and we certainly have had lots of winter thaws this season). This seems to be especially true of the big brown bats with less than optimal fat reserves. Here is one paper that might be of interest:

https://www.uregina.ca/science/biology/people/faculty-research/brigham-mark/files/Brigham-1987-CanJZool.pdf

Hays, Kansas