Date: 2/28/17 4:41 pm
From: Andrew <andrewsaldrich...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Ross's Goose - River Park Chicago 2/27 2pm
Hi, all! Apologies for any confusion, but it appears this bird might be a Snow Goose x Ross's Goose hybrid.

Photos show a broader grin patch than a pure Ross's would show with a curved base, and head not as rounded. In the field it felt like a messy immature bird but I did not consider hybrid at the time.

Check eBird/Facebook for others photos.

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 9:35 AM, Andrew <andrewsaldrich...> wrote:
>
> Ross's Goose still present this morning at River Park, west side of river.
>
> Andrew Aldrich
> Cook Co.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Feb 27, 2017, at 9:41 PM, <kevin814us...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>>
>> Long time visitor to this site, first time posting...
>> I've been birding River Park / Ronan Park for the last couple years and had my first Ross's Goose over here this afternoon (Monday 2/27) on the river just downstream of the spillway and dock area. A couple dozen Canadians as well (more than a normal day), several Mallards, and I believe a female Common Goldeneye. A few juncos around, too. Excited for the next few weeks of migration!
>> -Kevin in Lincoln Square

Join us on Facebook!