Date: 2/28/17 9:57 am
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Re: eye glasses and optics
It took me a couple of weeks of using binoculars with glasses on (and no
eye relief on the binos), but now that I've gotten used to it, I find that
it's pretty comfortable and doesn't affect my ability to use the
binoculars. I use progressive lenses on my glasses.

Getting the glasses dirty has been a recurring theme for me anyways, since
I have to wear them while looking through my camera viewfinder. I now keep
a supply of Zeiss lens wipes (highly recommended) in my pockets, and that
takes care of the glasses getting dirty.

Good birding,

Nagi

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
wrote:

> I probably should have started wearing glasses decades ago.
> I'm not comfortable using binoculars with glasses on. It's a pain
> to take them off every time I use the binocular. Someone I know
> told me he started using contacts on pelagic trips, which tempts
> me to try them. But hearing that some people can't shift effortlessly
> from contacts to glasses is sobering. I appreciate that this is being
> shared. My problem isn't going to solve itself, and will likely worsen
> with age.
> Lars

Join us on Facebook!