Date: 2/27/17 7:36 pm
From: JFR <johnfredman...>
Subject: GREAT HORNED OWL WITH SHADOW
Last Thursday Delos McCauley and I were photographing a Great Horned Owl owlet in its nest just northeast of Pine Bluff. We were in separate vehicles parked along the highway. An adult flew in and perched on a cypress branch in a position that cast its perfect shadow on the pale bark of the tree trunk. Of interest was that Delos had been focused on the nest and did not see the flight of the adult. Moments later, he saw the shadow first and then spotted the owl. If anyone has an interest, I would happy to share a photograph.
John Redman

Join us on Facebook!