Date: 2/27/17 6:23 am
From: Diane Touret <dctouret...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Sam Lena Waterthrush Follow-up
I should think that a February record for a Northern Waterthrush in
southern Arizona would be just as interesting as a record for another
Louisiana Waterthrushsincewintering Louisiana Waterthrushes seem to be
fairly regular although not common. I checked on eBird and there are
very few records of Northern Waterthrush for the Dec-Feb period during
the last 10 years and the most recent was in the Phoenix area in Jan
2016. Even as an early spring migrant this record might be exceptional.
Of course, there may be other records that I don't know about besides
those on eBird. Diane Touret (Tucson, AZ)