Date: 2/26/17 4:14 pm
From: Marie Hoerner <mhoerner...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Swan #4 at Cottonwood Marsh
That's interesting. That is not one of the birds that I was seeing last
night; at least, I don't think that it is. Here are a couple of shots of
that bird. (In the photos where the 4th swan joined 2 of the others
briefly, it is the middle bird of the three in the photograph.) As far as
I could see in the photos and through my binoculars, this one completely
lacked the light color that is in the linked picture above. I am certainly
not arguing with the ID of more experienced birders; I'm just wondering if
one of the birds that I saw was a different bird because I'm curious and
uncertain of my own ID skills when it comes to Trumpeters and Tundras.

Thanks for the thoughts on these swans,

Marie Hoerner
Aurora, CO