Date: 2/26/17 2:14 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Sandhill Cranes in the SNOW in the So. Kettle Moraine Waukesha Co 2/25/17, some images...
Hi all,
While birding in the South Kettle Moraine in Waukesha County the highlight
was a pair of Sandhill Cranes in the snow. They looked cold as temperatures
were around 20 degrees. I noticed too a good part of the time I observed
them they stood on 1 leg. Maybe they don't particularly care for standing
in the snow. Some preening was done but very little. Before I left the area
one stuck it's head under the wing and rested, but left an eye open. A
cloudy day with a few flurries on and off with a steady breeze from the
northwest bringing in that cold air. Not much else to report in the South
Kettle Moraine in the areas I checked out.

A link to some of the images taken of the Sandhill Cranes in the snow:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/sandhill-cranes-snow-south-kettle-moraine-waukesha-county-wisconsin-february-25-2017/

Thanks and good birding!

Jim Edlhuber
Town of Genesee Waukesha Co.