Date: 2/25/17 9:52 am
From: Kelly Rueckheim <rueckel27...>
Subject: [wisb] Ducks on the Mississippi
I went over to the Mississippi River in Vernon county from Goose Island to just south of Stoddard Wednesday and Thursday to look for early arriving ducks and there were plenty! Ducks seen included Ring-necked Duck, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Green-winged Teal, Lesser Scaup (around 1,000), Hooded and Common Merganser, Mallard, Bufflehead, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail and American Goldeneye. Redheads and Black Ducks were also reported but I missed those. I also had probably 40 to 50 Bald Eagles, many Ring-billed Gulls, a handful of Red-winged Blackbirds and one Sandhill Crane.

Kelly Rueckheim, Sparta, Monroe County