Date: 2/22/17 12:20 pm
From: Curtis Wolf <cjwolf...>
Subject: Re: Whooping Cranes
Hello all. After talking to Donnie K about the Whooping Crane report this morning, he and I both agree this was most probably a false report. A group of snow goose hunters set up in a green wheat field, dressed in white jump suits for camouflage, proved to be pretty convincing whooping cranes when passing by on the Highway.
Donnie felt bad and asked that I post a retraction so people from far away would not jump in their vehicles to chase.
For all that know Don, his intentions were as genuine as he is! It happens to the best of us. How many Snowy Owls have turned out to be very convincing Walmart sacks?
The whoopers will be here before we know it. Stay tuned!

Curtis Wolf
Director, Ks Wetlands Education Center
Cheyenne Bottoms
Fort Hays State University