Date: 2/21/17 5:38 pm
From: Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Lake Springfield finally has ducks!
I went back later to check on the ducks at Lake Springfield's Marine
Point. Most had left, but a large series of flocks of gulls flew past,
including, at minimum, 55 Bonaparte's Gulls! Spring is certainly coming
soon!

Jared Gorrell
Sangamon County

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...>
[ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is local, Springfield area interest only. At Marine Point today I
> saw a few hundred ducks for the first time since last October, mostly
> Mallards, Gadwalls, and Ring-billed ducks (or, by ABA guidelines,
> Ring-necked Ducks). Joining the show was a Bufflehead, a couple Redheads,
> and three early Bonaparte's Gulls. I haven't checked Lake Park, the Beach
> House, or Lincoln Memorial Gardens, but they usually have more species so
> they might be worth checking.
>
> Jared Gorrell
> Sangamon County

Join us on Facebook!