Date: 2/21/17 10:00 am
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Re: Flycatcher
Teresa, I have always enjoyed your very interesting and detailed observations. I still have your description of the "fallout of hummingbirds" from last May... fascinating. So please don't be discouraged. I believed your flycatcher sighting and I frequently see birds that defy identification.
Our friend Joe Neal often calls these mystery birds "the one that got away".

Thanks, Herschel, for saying this.

Judith
Ninestone, Carroll County

On Feb 21, 2017, at 7:42 AM, Herschel Raney <herschel.raney...> wrote:

> The only experts I know are Nichols, Nichols and Mills. Maybe I am missing somebody. I donít know. I apologize if so. If I call myself an expert than please feel free to mock or slap me as appropriate.
>
> There are no Empid experts. I think they all killed themselves.
>
> This bird is interesting most likely for arrival time since Teresa seems to know a Phoebe. In this warm year things are going to start shifting early and setting records. An Acadian or Alder at this date I think would be a record anywhere in the state. (I did not check.) Alders have a long way to go. And seeing bugs flying early everywhere they went they might just say ďAlaska here I come.Ē They are notoriously quiet on the way north.
>
> I have seen bugs all week. Come on flycatchers is all I can say. And if Teresa is in the woods every day here then let her type what she wants to. She is living better than I am.
>
> Herschel Raney
>
> Conway AR

Join us on Facebook!