Date: 2/17/17 7:20 am
From: <david.boltz4...>
Subject: Re: [Va-bird] Sandhill Cranes at the Abrams Creek Wetland
They were still present just before 10:00. They are just before the short boardwalk at the edge of the creek resting/hiding in the Cattails. Very easy to miss, especially with the somewhat harsh sunlight on that side. Thanks to Jon and BJ Little, who called me on my cell phone to let me know that I went too far.

Dave Boltz

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 17, 2017, at 8:57 AM, Carr, David E. (dec5z) <dec5z...> wrote:

At about 8:20 this morning 3 Sandhill Cranes flew in from the south and landed at the Abrams Creek Wetland (Frederick County) near Winchester, VA. When I last saw them, they were standing in the creek itself near the east end of the wetland area.

Other birds in that area included American Black Ducks (2), Green-winged Teal (7), Ring-necked Ducks (about 50), and a Winter Wren.

David Carr
*** You are subscribed to va-bird as <david.boltz4...> If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/va-bird ***