Date: 2/17/17 6:31 am
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Snow & White Fronted Geese (Johnson County)
Birders,

I just drove to Iowa City from Marion and by the time I started driving by
Hawkeye WMA I started seeing the skies chalked with skeins. From a high
vantage point at Finkbine parking lot, there was a unbroken chain of 10's
of thousands of geese strung across the Iowa City/Coralville area. I had
several low flyovers at the Melrose exit and at Finkbine, observing mixed
flocks of Snow/Ross's, a small flyover flock of Canada/Cackling , and other
low flying mixed flocks of Snow/Greater White-fronted.

A great day to be out of you can manage it.

Good birding,
Brandon Caswell
Marion