Date: 2/15/17 6:42 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: South Platte River, Adams County
On Sunday, I visited this area of the south platte. Along 88th, I did not
see an adult male Barrow's, but I did see what appears to be an immature
male Barrow's. Also nine Northern Pintails. Nice seeing the adult male
Barrow's! Where exactly was it?
Also near 64th I got my year bird Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) and two
Black-crowned Night-Herons (immatures). I checked and this is pretty much
the only part of the Denver area they overwinter. Another highlight was a
flyover Double-C Cormorant.

Ben Sampson
Centennial, Co