Date: 2/11/17 6:01 pm
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Highlights from Crosby County - Today
Greetings All:
I spent most of the daylight hours in Crosby County today - with the
exception of time getting to and from Crosby County and the delight that is
having my tire replaced after hitting a piece of construction debris on the
loop in Lubbock.

I had at least 103 species during the day. I think that, with effort, a
hundred species day could be had in Crosby County during any month of the
year except June (when we are down to resident breeders - with almost no
migrant action).

In contrast, I think it would be hard, most months, to get a hundred
species month in Lynn County; site of my other game for the year.

Highlights included 2 Greater White-fronted Geese in Crosbyton, 8
Canvasbacks at White River Lake, 4 Redheads at White River Lake, 22 Common
Mergansers at White River Lake, 1 Eared Grebe at White River Lake, 2
Western Grebes at White River Lake, 3 Least Sandpipers east of Cone, 2
Wilson's Snipes south of Crosbyton, 1 Spotted Sandpiper at White River
Lake, 1 Greater Yellowlegs east of Cone, 2 Greater Yellowlegs at White
River Lake, 1 adult winter Herring Gull at White River Lake, 1
Black-crowned Night Heron at White River Lake, 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
in the woods north of White River Lake (Great North Woods), 1 Downy
Woodpecker in the Great North Woods, 1 Merlin south of Crosbyton, 1 Eastern
Phoebe at the FM 2591 crossing of White River, 2 Common Ravens south of
Crosbyton, 2 Brown Creepers in the Great North Woods, 1 Brown Creeper at
the FM 2591 crossing of White River, 1 Rock Wren south of Crosbyton, 1
Canyon Wren at the FM 193 x FM 651 canyon crossing, 1 Winter Wren in the
Great North Woods, 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets in the Great North Woods, 2
Eastern Bluebirds in the Great North Woods, 1 Hermit Thrush in the Great
North Woods, 4 Cedar Waxwings in the Great North Woods, 2 American Pipits
east of Cone, 1 Orange-crowned Warbler in the Great North Woods, 1 male
Common Yellowthroat at the Rall's WTP, 1 Swamp Sparrow in the Great North
Woods, 7 Fox Sparrows in the Great North Woods, 3 Fox Sparrows at White
River Lake, and 2 Common Grackles in Crosbyton.

Not a bad day; Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!