Date: 2/10/17 8:20 am
From: Brian Sheehan <osuwildlifer...>
Subject: [texbirds] eBird report: Black-throated Blue in San Antonio
Hello Texbirders,
I went yesterday to look for the Black-throated Blue mentioned in the eBird reports below, but was unsuccessful in finding this lifer. I donít think I was looking in the right area. Does anyone have more specific information about the location? Looking on Google Maps, thereís a Pecan Grove Drive (not Road) off of the Southeast side of the park. But the part of Salado Creek that is closest to that street is not shown as being inside the actual park area. Is there a trail that goes to the location where the bird has been hanging out?

GPS coordinates of the actual spot would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian Sheehan @ Austin

Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 09, 2017 16:25 by dodge engleman
- San Antonio--Southside Lions Pk (HOTE 099), Bexar, Texas
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z&q).3866998,-98.4281445&ll).3866998,-98.4281445
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34271024
- Comments: "Found the male at the known spot along Salado Creek on the south side of the park. We found it after about 20 min. of waiting and saw it three more times for a total of about 5 minutes viewing in the 30 minutes at the site.
White below with a sharply demarcated black throat, grayish blue on upperparts with a bright white speculum at the base of the primaries. Not vocalizing. Did not go into the canopy; favored larger branches, and appeared to me flycatching more than gleaning."

Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 09, 2017 17:23 by Willie Sekula
- San Antonio--Southside Lions Pk East, Bexar, Texas
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z&q).3847927,-98.419733&ll).3847927,-98.419733
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34267613
- Comments: "Continuing male seen four times for a total of five minutes. "

Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 09, 2017 09:30 by Brittney Hoch
- San Antonio--Southside Lions Pk East, Bexar, Texas
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z&q).3847927,-98.419733&ll).3847927,-98.419733
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34259120
- Comments: "Male, across creek behind houses on Pecan Grove Rd. Pictures to come"

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!