Date: 2/8/17 11:30 am
From: Sue Ewan <ewans...>
Subject: [texbirds] FW: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Feb 8, 2017
Good afternoon birders,
Though the morning began overcast and very quiet, we got a great look at a Clay-colored Thrush before we left the dry thorn-scrub. Out at Pintail Lakes, the wonderful group of birders on the walk were treated to great views of two Virginia Rails, and a Sora, as well as extended opportunities to watch both a Ringed and Green Kingfisher hover and catch prey, with a quick look at a Belted Kingfisher. What a treat to see them all.
Bird walks are offered daily at 8:30, leaving from the Visitor's Center. Come join us.
John and Sue Ewan
USFWS volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, Texas, US Feb 8, 2017 8:30 AM - 12:16 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.5 mile(s)
Comments: Morning bird walk
59 species