Date: 2/8/17 7:25 am
From: Steve Compton <scompton1251...>
Subject: Re: Saw-whet Owl taping
Folks,
It would be helpful if we could see a list of locations where playback
is prohibited. Of course, it should always be used with care.
Steve ComptonGreenville, SC
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE DroidOn Feb 8, 2017 9:14 AM, Marcus
Simpson <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Yes. For example our NSWO research on the Blue Ridge Parkway
requires that our NPS permit must specifically authorize use of
"playback" aka "audio lure" if we intend to use it. M B Simpson,
Hendersonville NC

Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 8, 2017, at 8:58 AM, Kent Fiala (via carolinabirds Mailing
List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Recently I've noticed some eBird checklists that comment on the
Saw-whet Owls at Bodie Island Lighthouse (in the Cape Hatteras
National Seashore) responding to playback. Does the National Park
Service still prohibit use of playback on NPS properties?

Kent Fiala

Join us on Facebook!