Date: 2/4/17 10:16 am
From: Mark and Joanie Hubinger <mjhubrr...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Feb 4, 2017
Good morning Texbirders...Great group of 11 joined us for our last birdwalk
of the season :( With the muddy conditions, decided not to go out to
Pintail Lakes, but enjoyed the waterfowl and mixed flocks around Willow
Lakes. Some new birders saw several "life" birds today among our south
Texas specialties: Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet. Common Pauraque, Green
Kingfisher by the levy, and Olive Sparrow.
Birdwalks will continue daily at 8:30AM. Join Laura & Steve Paulson or Sue
& John Ewan and enjoy your National Wildlife Refuge. It's been a pleasure!

Mark & Joanie Hubinger
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana NWR
Alamo, Texas

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, Texas, US
Feb 4, 2017 8:30 AM - 11:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: Morning Bird Walk...Headquarters Pond, Parking lot area,
Willow lakes & Chachalaca trails
54 species

Gadwall 25
Mottled Duck 3