Date: 1/31/17 6:43 am
From: Brent Ortego <brentortego...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Harris County TX wolf
The last pure Red Wolves were reported to have been trapped and placed into a captive breeding program during the 1970's. Since the species was low in numbers and readily interbred with coyotes and dogs, it is believed that any individuals which escaped capture would have genetically been bred out of existence.

https://www.fws.gov/redwolf/redwolfrecovery.html

Brent Ortego

Victoria, TX

[https://www.fws.gov/redwolf/Images/ARWCP1.JPG]<https://www.fws.gov/redwolf/redwolfrecovery.html>

Recovery Efforts | Red Wolf Recovery Program<https://www.fws.gov/redwolf/redwolfrecovery.html>
www.fws.gov
With the red wolf being one of the world's most endangered wild canids, it was imperative for the United States to create a recovery program.